The department provides outpatient, inpatient and emergency surgical care of patients. Outpatient consultation and services are available from 8.30 AM to 7.00 PM, Monday to Saturday. Inpatient facilities are provided round the clock. The operating rooms are state of the art with the latest equipments and facilities. The department has a 12 bedded, dedicated, surgical intensive care unit for the management of critically ill surgical patients.
The Department provides endoscopic evaluation facilities for the management of Gastro-intestinal diseases. Both Upper and Lower (ODG scopy, Colonoscopy), diagnostic as well as therapeutic endoscopy services (dilatation, variceal banding, sclerotherapy) are provided.
Surgical procedures performed by the department include
- Upper Gastro-Intestinal (Oesophagectomy, Gastrectomy, SI resection etc)
- Lower Gastro-Intestinal ( Colectomy, Rectopexy etc)
- Hepatobiliary & Pancreatic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery (Cholecystectomy, Appendicectomy, Fundoplication etc)
- Ano-rectal surgeries (PPH, Haemorrhoidectomy, Fistulectomy)
- Endocrine Surgery (Thyroidectomy, Adrenelectomy, Parathyroid surgery)
- Breast Surgery (Mastectomy, Axillary clearance)
- Head and Neck Surgery (Oral cancers, Parotidectomy)
- General Thoracic & Vascular Surgery (Thoracotomy, VATS, Varicose veins etc)
- Emergency & Trauma care (laporotomy, thoracotomy, splenectomy etc)
- Basic dental procedures