About the Department
Physical fitness is important for people of all ages. Physical fitness is especially important for young adolescents ages twelve to twenty-one. Physical education programs can involve students in activities that challenge the mind of the students. Physical activity can contribute to a child’s wellness by keeping them fit and healthy. Sport is commonly used to describe a physical activity that has a competitive element, whether played by a professional or a keen enthusiast. Physical Education is the systematic instruction in sports, exercises, and hygiene given as part of a school or college program. Sports help to build the participants mental, physical, and emotional awareness. The benefits of physical exercise in humans far outweigh the harmful effects associated with exercise. A prescription of physical activity has been known to delay the onset or prevention of many chronic diseases. An improvement in heart function, lower blood pressure and improve functional capacity is noticed after just a few weeks of exercising. Physical activity will also result in an increase of lean muscle mass; promote weight maintenance, increased flexibility, and a generally stronger fit individual.
Head of the Department
Physical Education Director Mr. Sharad S. Javali, (NIS (Football), MPEd, M.Phil.) Completed his Diploma in sports coaching (NS NIS) from Sports Authority of India (SAI) at Patiala, Punjab. Completed his Masters Degree at Karnatak University, Dharwad & completed his M.Phil from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore & from past 10 years the department is been looked after by Mr. Sharad Javali.
Sports Events Conducted & Participated Every Year
For Students (PG & UG)
- RGUHS Belgaum Zone Sports
- RGUHS Inter Zone Sports
- RGUHS Single Zone Sports
- RGUHS Inter University Selection Trials & Participation
- Open Tournaments at Manipal, Bangalore, Mangalore etc.
- Annual Sports Meet
The following Sports Events will be conducted and participated every year
- Lawn Tennis
- Shuttle Badminton
- Table Tennis
7. SPL (SDM Premium League) Cricket, Basketball as well as Football Tournament conducted every year for the students.
8. Practice Matches Before the Actual Tournaments.
- Ratnmanjari Sports Competitions – which includes, Cricket, Volleyball & Carrom
- Maatoshri Cup (Inter SDM & JSS) Cricket Tournament for Teaching Staff
- Manjushree Cup (Inter SDM & JSS)Cricket Tournament for Non-Teaching Staff
- Half Pitch 7 Side Cricket Tournament (Teaching as well as Non Teaching Combined)
- Cricket Tournament on May 1st & October 2nd (Teaching as well as Non Teaching Combined)
- Rajarshi Cup (Inter SDM & JSS) Floodlight Volleyball Tournament for Non-Teaching Staff