The Post Graduate (MPT) course has also been started during this college from the academic year 2003-2004 with the affiliation of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
The Masters Degree in Physiotherapy is a two year program consisting of classroom teaching, self academic activities and clinical posting. In the first year theoretical basis of physiotherapy is refreshed along with research methodology and biostatistics. The students are rotated in all areas of clinical expertise during this period. They are required to choose their study for dissertation and submit a synopsis. During the second year the students will be posted in their area of specialty. They are required to complete and submit their dissertation. The learning program includes seminars, journal reviews, case presentations, case discursions and classroom teaching. Some of the clinical postings are provided at other reputed centers in the country in order to offer a wider spectrum of experience. The students are encouraged to attend conference, workshop to enhance their knowledge during the course of study. University examinations are held at the end of first year
and at the end of second year.
Electives Offered And Degree Awarded
1. Master of Physiotherapy in Musculoskeletal Disorders and Sports (MPT-MSS)
2. Master of Physiotherapy in Neurological and Psychosomatic Disorders (MPT-NPD)
3. Master of Physiotherapy in Cardio-Respiratory Disorders (MPT-CRD)
4. Master of Physiotherapy in Community Rehabilitation (MPT-Com.)
5. Master of Physiotherapy in Pediatrics (MPT-Ped.)
Goals of Course
1. Preparation of a postgraduate student towards his/her professional autonomy with self regulating discipline at par with global standards
2. Formation of base of the professional practice by referral as well as first contact mode using evidence based practice.
3. Impartation of research basis in order to validate techniques & technology in practice to physiotherapy.
4. Acquainting a student with concept of quality care at the institutional as well as the community levels.
5. Inculcation of appropriate professional relationship in multidisciplinary set up, patient management and co partnership basis.
6. Preparation of students to address problems related to health education and community physiotherapy.
7. Practicing the concept of protection of rights of the community during referral as well as first contact practice.
8. Incorporation of concept of management in physiotherapy.
9. Experience in clinical training and undergraduate teaching partly.
10. Providing the honest, competent and accountable physiotherapy services to the community.
Candidates who have passed B.Sc. (PT) or BPT degree from institutions where the mode of study isa full time program, with minimum 3½ years / 4 ½ years duration from this university or any other university in India or abroad as equivalent with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate and have completed 6 months of compulsory rotating internship in Physiotherapy Colleges recognized by RGUHS - Karnataka are eligible. Candidates who have passed BPT through correspondence or Distance Education program are not eligible.
Candidates who have passed BPT through Bridge Course or through Lateral Entry after completing their Diploma in Physiotherapy from institutions where the mode of study is a full time program from this university or any other university in India or abroad as equivalent with not less than 50%of marks in aggregate and have completed 6 months of compulsory rotating internship in Physiotherapy Colleges recognized by RGUHS - Karnataka are eligible. Candidates who have passed BPT through correspondence or Distance Education program are not eligible.
The candidate may even have to go through a selection procedure involving an entrance examination and interview before being selected for admission. The selection of the candidates for the course will only on the basis of rules and regulations of the University.
Obtaining Eligibility Certificate
No candidate shall be admitted for the postgraduate degree course unless the candidate has obtained and produced the eligibility certificate issued by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka. The candidate has to make the application to the university with the following documents along with the prescribed fee.
1. B.P.T. or B.Sc. (PT) provisional / degree certificate issued by the respective university.
2. Marks cards of all the university examinations passed.
3. Completion of internship certificate.
4. Proof of SC/ST or category-I as the case may be.
Candidate should obtain the eligibility certificate before the last date for admission as notified by the university.
Other than Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Banglore, candidates should apply for Eligibility certificate.
Click here to apply for Eligibility Certificate
Click here for Regulation & Curriculum