The facilities available in the department include-
SDMCMSH Dharwad has very good facilities for proper and scientific investigation and treatment of patients with vitiligo and psoriasis. In this regard, the Department has the most modern phototherapy unit.
2. Dermatological Procedures
The common day-to-day surgical procedures carried out in the department include skin biopsies for diagnosis of skin diseases, Electrodessication , Radiofrequency in the treatment of common and benign skin tumours like common warts and keloids
3. Cosmetic Surgery
This is a rapidly advancing field as the need to look good is universal. The various procedures offered are chemical peels for pigmentary disorders of the face like melasma, diffuse melanoderma and acne, Follicular hair extraction for androgenetic alopecia, botulinum toxin injections for wrinkles, soft tissue augmentation with fillers. Microdermabrasion and collagen microinduction by dermarolling for acne and chicken pox scars and platelet rich plasma treatment for hair loss.
Laser therapy for diverse cutaneous conditions like hirsuitism, hypertrichosis, acne scar resurfacing etc, are performed in the department.
5. Contact dermatitis and Patch testing
Contact dermatitis is frequently encountered in day-to-day practice for which patch testing is done. The department has a standard screening series of 20 allergens obtained from Sweden which are used for patch testing.
Other procedures performed in the department include-
- Cryosurgery- for warts, benign tumors, keloids etc
- Electrosurgery- electrocautery, epilation, removal of warts, DPN, skin tags
- Snip excision of skin tags
- Trichogram test- in hair disorders
- Punch skin graft for vitiligo
- Split skin graft for vitiligo, leg ulcers
- Blister skin graft for vitiligo
- Follicular hair extraction
- Dermabrasion - for acne scars
- Collagen micro induction by dermarolling for acne and varicella scars
- Phototherapy - PUVA, NB- UVB
Electrophoresis for Hyperhydrosis